Caring for Chidren at Home
Parents caring for children at home
Parents may take care of their child at home and receive child home care allowance if the youngest child in the family is under the age of 3. The right to receive child home care allowance begins after the parental allowance period ends. Child home care allowance consists of a statutory basic allowance, the Espoo supplement and a possible earnings-related care supplement. The monthly amount of the Espoo supplement is EUR 218.64. As from 1 January, 2010, families are entitled to the Espoo supplement of child home care allowance only if all the under school-aged children in the family are in home care and the Espoo supplement is applied for by one of the parents. The Espoo supplement is not paid if an older sibling is in municipal or outsourced day care or if private day care allowance is paid for an older sibling.
Parents who have given birth or have adopted twins or triplets are eligible for multiple allowance.
Hired child care provider at home
If parents hire a child care provider to take care of their children at home, they are eligible for private day care allowance. In this case, the family is also an employer and signs a contract of employment with their designated child care provider. More than one family may also hire a child care provider together. Private day care allowance consists of a basic allowance, an earnings-related supplement and the Espoo supplement that is paid in connection with private day care allowance.
- The family is responsible for finding and choosing a private child care provider.
- The family notifies the director of the day care centre in their residential area of the private child care provider that they have chosen (contact details below).
- The recommended age of the child care provider is 18–68 years. The child care provider cannot live in the same household or be an au pair.
- The family and the child care provider sign a contract of employment that must include the following details: the employer and the employee, the duration of the contract, the daily working hours, the amount of salary and the payday, the children to care for, duties and the period of notice. (www.mol.fi)
- The director of the day care centre meets the family/families and the child care provider and accepts the person as an employed child care provider. During the meeting, the director of the day care centre must assess the aptitude of the employee for child care and ensure that a contract of employment has been signed. A copy of the contract is attached to the approval form.
- The forms that the family must submit to Kela in order to receive private day care allowance:
o The family fills in the Application for Private Day Care Allowance (Kela WH1).
o The child care provider fills in the Private Child Care Provider Identification Form (WH2).
o The director of the day care centre files a report stating that he/she approves of the private child care provider.
- Kela makes the decisions and sends them to the family and the child care provider.
- The family is responsible for training and supervising the child care provider.
- As an employer, the family has the right to request to see an extract of the criminal record. The employee may order it from the Legal Register Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The family is liable to pay the costs of a small employer, more information: https://www.palkka.fi More instructions about employer costs can also be found at: www.hoitopaikka.net.
Espoon keskus day care services
Areas: Haapaniemi, Bemböle, Järvenperä, Pihlajarinne, Vanhakartano
Riitta Martiskainen, Aurora Day Care Centre
P.O. Box 94306, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 046 877 1516
Areas: Gumböle, Karhusuo, Kauklahti, Kirkkojärvi, Kurttila, Lakela, Mikkelä, Muurala, Nupuri, Oittaa, Siikajärvi, Vanttila
Jaana Mertaniemi, Nupuri Day Care Centre
P.O. Box 82302, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 046 877 1538
Areas: Kaupunginkallio, Kirstinmäki, Kuurinniitty, Suna, Suvela, Tuomarila, Ymmersta
Katariina Durczok, Kylänaukio and Pikku Karhu Day Care Centres
P.O. Box 77312, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 046 877 1128
Areas: Kalajärvi, Lahnus, Niipperi, Röylä
Pirjo Kuusisto, Pohjois-Espoo family day care
P.O. Box 3536, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 050 525 2710
Espoonlahti Early Childhood Education
Tuija Rinta-Hiiro (Suomenoja and Latokaski-Nöykkiö)
P.O. Box 3400, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 050 348 7986
Pia Salin (Kaitaa, Soukka, Kivenlahti, Saunalahti, centre of Espoonlahti)
P.O. Box 3400, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 050 359 2084
Leppävaara Day Care Services
Areas: Centre of Leppävaara, Perkkaa, Vermo, Mäkkylä, Lintuvaara, Vallikallio, Painiitty, Uusmäki/ Kilo
Liisa Haatainen, Leppävaara early education
P.O. Box 3125, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 050 337 4827
Swedish Day Care Services
Areas: Laaksolahti, Jupperi, Lähderanta, Lippajärvi, Veini, Luuvanmäki, Karakallio, Rastaala, Leppäsilta, Hirsikallio, Nuumäki, Viherlaakso
Pia Torvikoski/ Jupperin päiväkoti
P.O Box 73302, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 046 877 1316
Matinkylä-Olari Day Care Services
Jaana Ylilahti / Tiistilänraitti Day Care Centre
P.O. Box 23212, 02070 CITY OF ESPOO
Tel. 09 816 30244
Tapiola Day Care Services
Areas: Mankkaa, Laajalahti, Otaniemi
Pia Arvonen, päiväkodinjohtaja Pohjois-Tapiolan päiväkoti
PL 13304, 02070 ESPOON KAUPUNKI
Puh. 046 877 1092, sähköposti: email@example.com
Areas: Haukilahti, Westend, Niittykumpu, Kanta-Tapiola
Aino Huttunen, päiväkodinjohtaja Laajalahden päiväkoti
PL 14303, 02070 ESPOON KAUPUNKI
Puh. 050 325 8624, sähköposti: aino.I1.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 09 816 52357